Tuesday 3 May 2016

Bits and bobs

I finally made it to the post office today to pick up some parcels.  One was a book I ordered on eBay by Jean Nisbett: Doll's House Inspiration.  I ordered it because I plan to build a Dutch dollhouse at some point in the future, although a contemporary one, and this book has a couple of examples of a Dutch Canal House in it. I fell in love with the canal houses when we visited Amsterdam, although we stayed for a month with relatives in the countryside and my experience is more with the traditional urban homes - huge picture windows facing the street with their spectacularly neat living rooms on display. Divine.





The second package was my LED light kits from the US.  I've never used LEDs before, so that should be exciting... and challenging!

And finally, I received a little box full of 1:24 scale kits for accessories for the Art Deco build.  A filing cabinet, sink kit, rotary phones, a trunk, shovels (of course!) and many others.  They are going to keep me busy gluing and painting for a while.  I have no confidence in my miniature painting abilities, so I could very well wreck them, so I have all my fingers and toes crossed I don't do too badly, lol.  If worse come to worst, I might have to resort to asking my Mother, who is a much better painter than me, and has experience with tiny brushes!



No comments:

Post a Comment