Monday 30 October 2017

The Mini Mausoleum: Part 4

Landscaping time!

Sorry about the terrible lighting in the photos, it was so dark and overcast today, it was difficult to get any decent photos at all.

Anyway, I knew I wanted to add some greenery to the Mausoleum, so I used Super-Tac glue and medium green flocking to add some creepers, and light green flocking for moss along the roof and some of the tiles.







I added small tufts of "dead grass" made from twine around the walls of the Mausoleum and the headstones. To make them, I used a tip I picked up on Pinterest - unravel the end of a piece of twine and then cut short lengths off it.  Pick them up individually using tweezers and glue them on end, onto the board (I used using Super-Tac glue). 









A close up of the headstones before landscaping.  They are from Lemax Spooky Town.




First I used medium green scatter across the board, followed by "dead grass", again made from twine by unraveling the end of a very fine twine and snipping small pieces off, all over the top of the board.  I then added small plants and shrubs using coloured craft moss (which I bought in various in packets from Spotlight).






At this point I decided that there was too much green!!  I thought about for a day or so, but still couldn't stand it, so I painstakingly picked most of it off until I thought it looked better, and then added lots of "dirt", i.e. dark brown scatter, and "gravel" scatter.  When I was happy, I set the landscaping scatter with "wet glue" - watered down white glue with a few drops of dishwashing detergent added to it - and let it dry outside.

When dry I decided it needed some sort or fencing to finish it of, so I added a crooked fence made from toothpicks painted black.  I help keep them semi-upright, I made a "dead hedge" base from more craft moss.







Now, it is 99% finished I think?! Is any work actually ever properly finished, lol?  Tomorrow is Halloween however, so if I decide to do anything more, it might have to wait for a "refurbish" next Halloween :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment