Thursday 9 April 2020

Bates House Complete

Well, it may have taken 18 months, but I am finally finished (for now) with the Bates House.  It was constructed from a laser-cut kit I bought on Etsy and I'm not sure of the scale - I think around 1:32 or 1:35?

Anyway, whilst it was easy to assemble, painting and weathering is not my strong suit, and as a result this project had a LOT of stops and starts because I just wasn't happy with how it was coming along!

It all comes with practice though and this is only my second time weathering and landscaping like this so I have cut myself a break and called it done!  It is very overcast and my photos are dull, for which I apologise, but I am keen to get it off my work desk and onto display, lol!

I started with a black roof and then changed it to a red one, as I had seen in many photos of the house from the movie Psycho, however I wish I had left it black in the end?  If I was to start again, I would do the whole thing in shades of grey - including the landscaping - to reflect how I remember it from the original black and white movie.  I think that would have looked cool.











"Mother" in the upstairs window backlit with a nano LED light.  I would use a larger, yellower (warm) white light if I did it again.



















1 comment:

  1. I think it is excellent! So much fun to look at all of the expertly done decline and decay!
    Now take all f those ideas and improvements with you on to the next one because this is truly something you were meant to do! I love it!

    ReplyDelete