Thursday 4 May 2023

The Fairfield: Exterior Trim Finished?

I dragged the Haunted Fairfield out of storage again when inspiration hit.  It's been sitting on my dining table - where I can see it each day - and I've been plugging away at it, little by little.  I think I finally have the exterior trim finally finished?  Apart from gluing on the railing that is, I don't want to do that until after I paint the decking.




I kind of don't want to paint it all now, it looks so clean and nice LOL.  The perfectionist in me is terrified I'm going to wreck it - even though I'm going to be distressing it!



 

I cannot for the life of me decide on a colour for the roof shingles.  I feel like black is all too much, even though I have seen many pictures of black Victorian rooves.  I suspect I will go with a charcoal grey?  I'm also deeply undecided about the colour of the porch decking.  Stained?  Weathered grey? Black?  The porch posts and railings will be black.



I allowed the tiles to deliberately warp to add to the distressing and I will add moss and lichen to them after I paint. Probably some autumn or dead leaves in the gutters too.




Now I need to cross my fingers that the paint colour I choose will look OK!








1 comment:

  1. I think the house is looking wonderful! I think charcoal gray for the roof and a lighter gray for the porch flooring would look authentic and go well with the red and black. Those shingles can be "slate" and slate is often quite dark! I look forward to seeing this develop! :)

    ReplyDelete