Thursday 14 November 2013

Bedroom Suite

I should have known better than to leave well-enough alone! I didn't mind the distressed, painted finish I ended up with on the bedroom suite so I left it to dry for a couple of days before I waxed it today... which then rubbed off more of the paint than I had anticipated! Argh. So annoyed with myself. It made a big difference on the wardrobe in particular.

It's hard to take photos of black things...

 The other pieces in the set were better sanded - and less fiddled with! - than the wardrobe and they fared much better and I was able to buff the wax reasonably well.  The armoire however... well, it still looks flat and waxy and I don't like to rub it any more for fear of taking off nearly all the paint :(  You live and learn though I suppose, plus half the reason I didn't mind fiddling around with the set is that I suspect it is much smaller than 1:24 scale? I have read that different manufacturers of minis sometimes differ in sizing, so maybe this is one of them. I'd certainly like the bed to be bigger, but I haven't started on it yet.

Before.. and after.

 In other news, I have received some more accessories that I couldn't resist ordering along with building components.  I love these minis: a little skull, skull candle and book and a palmistry chart with a crystal ball. Cute!




As well, I got a few thing from the Lemax Spooky Town range which were on sale after Halloween: a packet of crows and vultures, a packet of rats and snakes, tombstones, cats and skulls and a couple of  'bare' willow trees.  I plan to have a small family graveyard next to the house when I finish the landscaping.

No comments:

Post a Comment