Tuesday 8 May 2018

The Dressmaker's Cottage: Fixing and Futzing

I found the glue gun back this morning and went to work fixing the awning, fence and greenery which was knocked off when the house took a tumble (the shelf it was sitting on collapsed!), so it's nice to have that back on before it all got lost - or eaten by the cat!

While I was at it, I added a house number from a set by Tim Holtz. Cute :-)




Then I glued in the blinds and curtains I ordered from a local seller on Etsy.  I am really pleased with how they turned out, they suit the parlour nicely!  I will try and make the other blinds myself with bits of lace.





I have no idea where to even start with the other blinds but I guess I will learn, lol.  I have the two small dormer windows in the bedroom and bathroom and then the larger bedroom window and the kitchen window.  I don't have any lace wide enough to use in one piece in my stash which is a shame, so I might see if my Mum has any scraps she could share :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment