Monday 7 May 2018

The Dressmaker's Cottage: Interior Trim Finished

I pottered away this week finishing off the interior trim. I had to paint some more skinny sticks and trim, and then finished off the cornices, skirting and other bits of trim.

In between, I worked on the fireplace, as that had to be installed before I could finish the trim on that wall.

I added a small piece of leftover textured brick paper to the rear of the mantel, and painted it. I made a hearth out of a scrap piece of balsa wood and painted it too, then added a little highlighting to the mantel with a Tim Holtz dabber in Weathered Oak.  It's not great, but you can't see too much of it as it is side-on to the rear opening.





It's nice to have the French doors glued in so that the cat will stop knocking them out, lol.  I aged the handles with some Tim Holtz distress ink in Tarnished Brass and used beads (also aged with the ink) as handles on the inside.




Next up is to complete the railing for the staircase return in the bathroom, but I soon discovered that I don't have any spindles in 1:12 scale (heaps in 1:24 scale lol) so I have had to order some and will wait for them to arrive.

In the mean time, I will work on the curtains and blinds.  I ordered a couple of pre-made blinds and a set of curtains on Etsy from a local mini-maker, which are really cute!  They will go in the bump-out.  This was originally going to be the sewing room, but now I think I will swap the sewing room with the lounge area so that you can see all the cute sewing miniatures more easily. It would be a shame to have everything tucked away where you can't have a good look at it all :-)

So, for now I am scrounging through my fabric box to see if I have anything suitable for blinds for the two dormer windows, and curtains for the bedroom and kitchen windows.

No comments:

Post a Comment