Friday 20 October 2017

The Mini Mausoleum: Part 1

I bought this fabulous little quarter scale laser cut mausoleum from Alpha Stamps, which is my Halloween project this year!  Here it is in it's raw state, straight out of the bag.



Gluing it together with tacky glue was very quick, and here it is after an undercoat of acrylic paint in grey.  I left the roof off to aid in accessing the interior, and had a bit of a play around with some Lemax Spooky Hollow tombstones I bought a few years ago.  The base is a chipboard placemat from Bunnings.




I decided to add some shingles to the roof panels, so I made some diamond-shaped strips from cardboard, glued them on and painted them black as an undercoat.




After that, I decided that the exterior needed some stonework. I was originally planning to use cardboard egg cartons to make stones, but in the end I coated the mausoleum with Jo Sonja Texture Paste and roughed it up with an old bristle brush, then dragged in some rough lines with the end of the brush and left it to dry.





Looking good I think!

No comments:

Post a Comment