Sunday 7 June 2015

The Fairfield: A bit of this, a bit of that...

Whilst waiting for bits of glue to dry, I finally finished the last of the papering inside the house - the last tiny bit in the bedroom, and back wall of the tower room, and I cut and fitted the flooring in the kitchen.  It doesn't actually look too bad. Maybe when I seal it and add some washes to age the room it will blend in reasonably well.  It all looks too clean and bright at the moment!



Yes, I did manage to tear the paper in front of the basement door, but I should be able to fix it when it is glued in.

Today, I undercoated the rest of the siding, and got the first two coats of Tuscan Red paint on. When it is dry tomorrow, I hope to be able to apply the crackle glaze and the final coat of red.




I also started playing around with the trim...




... and started trimming the overhang off the roof. I will add some more trim around the gutters, and I don't like the way the overhang interferes with the tower and partially obscures the gothic window.



Much better. Now I need to design a gable trim and have a go at making it.

No comments:

Post a Comment