Monday 8 June 2015

The Fairfield: Construction Step 8 - Attic Floor in Place

Goodness, how long has it been since I completed the last step of the "official" (as according to the instruction sheet) construction process?!

I installed the ceiling of the bedroom and study some time ago. I cut the floor into two pieces for ease of handling, and have been contemplating the other half of the floor, which constitutes the library ceiling.  I would have liked to cut it back to be in line with the original wall placement, however I really want to put the double bookshelf I bought along the back, and sadly, it was just a bit too wide.

Therefore I added a small extension to the back wall, and stole some space from the hallway to make the library bigger. I worried that the teeny tiny occupants have to squeeze past the banister to get to the bedroom, but oh well, I'm a bit over fiddling with it!

When fiddling with it I cut too much off it, so I had to then re-glue two pieces back onto the floor, and then fill with wood filler and sand it back - and then repaint the ceiling section - BUT it is finally actually installed.



As you can see, I have the back wall of the tower installed too.

I think all that is left in terms of construction (i.e. anything that is not decorating the house shell) is installing the library wall, attaching the roof and building and installing the tower roof. Oh, and gluing in the porch roof.

Onwards and upwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment