Wednesday 18 May 2016

The Bunker: Beginning the Crow's Nest

Now that the facade is done for the moment, I can start working on the interiors.  Might as well start with the first room inside the front door!  This room is going to be base heavily on the "Crow's Nest" or "War Room" of the Men of Letters Bunker in the TV series Supernatural.  Photo stills from the show can be seen on my Mood Board post.




Firstly I've been playing around with the flooring.  On the set, the flooring (I think) is generic grey vinyl tiles, in keeping with the 1940's feel of the Bunker.  I've printed out two different versions to try - the first is a large linoleum tile pattern, expanded to fit the size of the room.  I did this because you can't see any joints between the tiles on the set, so I figured if I scored them on it might look more realistic.




The second print out is the same tile but shrunk to a ½" square and tiled across the page.  Although the first option would look better scored, I am leaning towards the second one, just because the grout lightens to room?  It's less accurate but there is a LOT of black and grey in this room, with only the upper half of the walls in white subway tile to add variation.




Next I think I will start on the stairs so that I can get a better idea of the layout of the room.

No comments:

Post a Comment