Monday 9 May 2016

The Bunker: More trimming and bricking

This is what I had gotten up to by this morning: around 500 bricks on the facade and half the trim.

Around 500 bricks "laid".
This morning I started by painting the remaining trim, which I had applied texture paste to yesterday. When the paint had dried, I glued the trim to the facade and weighted it down to dry.  Unfortunately I had forgotten to paint a couple of the small pieces, so I will do that when I fix up the trim along the roofline to cover up the spackle.

Excuse the terrible photos, it is overcast and dark today.





Now to finish off the brickwork.  I can see that I did a terrible job of keeping straight lines just above the entrance, but I am hoping to make a feature of that, and if that doesn't work, I might cover it with an ivy vine!

No comments:

Post a Comment