Monday 16 May 2016

The Bunker: More painting and aging on the facade

I added a random black wash to the bricks this morning, which improved them slightly, but I still wasn't happy with their colour at all.  I tried dry brushing on a mixture of 1 part Semco Tuscan Red with 3 parts Jo Sonja Gold Oxide and it made a difference in lightening and reddening the dark brown.




I'm still not happy with the depth of the colour though, the facade still seems very one-dimensional.  I don't have any chalk pastels, but I found some watercolour paints so I tried lightly brushing on black, dark green and brown (and various combinations) in places to simulate aging and moss.  I also added some orange and dark orange to a few areas on the windows to look like rust.

It's hard to tell from the photos, but it is getting better.  I have a ways to go yet - I'm still not happy with it - but I will think on it further (and look at some more pictures) before I do too much more.








No comments:

Post a Comment