Saturday 10 June 2017

ModPod: Cladding

After finishing the basic frame, I moved on to gluing on the cladding.  I used 9.5mm x 3mm x  915mm balsa sticks cut to length and glued them on using a spare piece of balsa as a spacer.  I also allowed for an extra centimetre in hight, as I will be adding a false roof later, to hide wiring from the lighting.

{Forgive the before photos as I had started painting before I remembered to take pics ;-) }





After  the glue had dried, I spray painted the exterior with Rustoleum 2X paint + primer in matte Carbon Black (which I had on hand after painting some chairs).





{Yes I will cut that piece in the middle of the second window out when I finish the cladding off!}



As you can see, despite being careful, I still managed to get some drips!!  Nothing that a light sanding and a second coat didn't get rid of however ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment