Tuesday 20 June 2017

ModPod: Interior Walls

Hi peeps!

I was finally able to get hold of some more balsa sticks, so I continued lining the interior walls.







Once I had done that, I couldn't help but to have a little "play" with some of the accessories I have purchased for the Pod!  Loving that little "cow hide" rug :-)





The, on to the painting and staining!  I wanted to have white walls and ceiling in order to make the Pod seem more spacious and clean - and modern, of course! - so I painted the back wall and the bedroom walls with the thin coat of Titanium White (so that you can still see the "boards", which is so trendy right now).

I knew I wanted to stain the floor and feature wall and I went back and forth over which colour stain to use - and whether I should just seal the wood with a clear sealer instead!  In the end I went with what I was hoping to be a light brown.  The test pieces looked good, but as you can see, the final colour ended up being very orange!!

You live and learn, LOL.  I don't hate it at all, but it's not the super modern look I was originally after.  I do wonder if I should have just sealed it with a clear coat, but I'm certain that I would never get it back to the original colour if I sand it back, as the balsa is thin, and soaks up so much stain.  Next time ;-)

Anyway, I think it's a nice contrast against the black exterior and white interior.


















At this point I added the bedroom wall piece to see how it looked, and to decided whether it needs cladding too?  I was vaguely thinking of painting in faux concrete, but one feature wall in such a small space is enough.







Just for fun, I popped the lights back in to see what the ModPod looks like all lit up now :-)







Now we are getting somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment