Sunday 17 September 2017

The Dressmaker's Cottage: The Bathroom

Now that the first floor is in place and the flooring is done, I can move onto the bathroom!

Firstly I dry-fitted a dividing wall between the bathroom and the bedroom.  I won't have a "proper" doorway between the, just a gap in the wall at the back of the house.




While it was still flat, I wallpapered it to match the existing bathroom and bedroom papers.  I left a gap at the bottom of the wall as I want to add faux "beadboard" around the bottom of the bathroom walls.




Before I glued in the partition wall, I added the beadboard, made from a packet of mini popsicle sticks (Arbee Mini Craft Sticks from Spotlight), which I had previously cut the rounded ends from.




With that wall done, I moved on to doing the rest of the room.




With the partition wall now glued in place, I began white-washing the beadboard, with the same diluted white acrylic paint as the floorboards.






It needs trimming out, but it's looking good so far I think :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment