Sunday 10 September 2017

The Dressmaker's Cottage: Wallpaper Beginnings

I don't have any 1:12 scale wallpaper in my stash, and ordering it is so expensive when you add in the cost of postage, so I decided tp print my own on my laser printer, and then seal it with ModPodge.

I found most of the patterns I used on Pinterest.  Some were full page, free printables, and others were free tileable pattern blocks.  I opened these in Microsoft Publisher on my laptop and tiled them across the page before printing them out.




It's a LOT easier to apply wallpaper to the walls when you can lay them flat on the table!  So before I glued the walls together, I applied wallpaper to as many surfaces as I could, then cut out the windows and door spaces using a sharp craft knife.








Here you can see the kitchen on the ground floor, and the bedroom upstairs.  The blue damask is almost identical to the wallpaper feature wall my daughter has in her own bedroom :-)




This is the lounge room and the sewing room, which is located in the little extension at the front.  The stairs will run up the right hand wall between the two rooms.  The bathroom will be at the top of the stairs, above the lounge room.



No comments:

Post a Comment