Saturday 20 December 2014

The Fairfield: Construction Step 6: Stairs & More Walls Glued In Place

After the long delay due to the hibernation of my dollhouse, it's nice to have the stairs finally finished and glued in place. Now I can get on with the rest of the build!



Base of the stairs showing the baseboard on the right hand side.

I knew there would be a small gap to fill in at the bottom of the stairs, but I worked out it was roughly the same size as a newel post when I was doing the dry fit, so I've glued it in place and I think it looks OK, even without a railing. I also stained a small piece of balsa wood cut to shape to frame the lounge room arch and glued it in place - you can just see it running down the edge of the wall in the above pic.

You can also see the small flap I left on the wallpaper where it will join to the tower wall when it is glued in. I won't worry about the others corners so much, but you will be able to see this one from the lounge room, and I don't want there to be any noticeable gaps.


View from the lounge room window



Close up showing the 'wear' I added to the carpet runner




No comments:

Post a Comment