Sunday 21 December 2014

The Fairfield: Construction Step 7, More Walls Glued In

Today I glued in kitchen window wall and the remainder of the first floor floor.  It's actually starting to look like a house now.

Stairs, kitchen walls and the rest of the first floor glued in place


Whilst it was all strapped and clamped and drying, I sanded out the first floor doorways and fitted the bedroom and study doors.  They fit perfectly before I glued the other pieces in, but needed a little squaring afterwards. I am pleased with how they look against the wallpaper.



Bedroom door fitted in place

The next step is to work on the tower walls.

A couple of months ago I ordered a new front door, and two round porthole windows for the tower room.  Today I cut out the doorway to fit the new door (it's taller than the old door), and I also cut the spaces for the new round tower room windows. I think they are going to look good - you should certainly have no trouble seeing the Weeping Angel in the secret tower room :-)



Next: I need to sort out the foyer flooring and wallpaper the tower walls - foyer and first floor anyway. I haven't yet decided what I will have on the walls in the tower room. It needs to be something which will show off the Weeping Angel, and if possible I'd like to include some sort of torn-wallpaper homage to the Doctor Who episode 'Blink' which first featured the Weeping Angels.

OR, maybe the damask from Sherlock's apartment:



No comments:

Post a Comment