Friday 19 December 2014

The Fairfield: Stairs Finished... Finally!

I'm afraid I've left the doll house languishing for a few months after I had a little disagreement with  the stairs.

I really, really wanted to add baseboards along the sides of the stairs, the problem being however that I had to sand, sand, sand, sand and sand some more to get them to fit into the space - leaving enough room to fit my Braxton Payne oven along the back kitchen wall.

After a final fit of pique I covered it all and left it alone to go crochet a blanket instead!

 Anyway, it is now school holidays, so with extra time up my sleeve, I uncovered everything and had a final surge on the sanding to get it done. I had previously made the base boards for the sides of the stairs out of balsa wood and stained them with the Wenge gel, and then sealed them with Mod Podge.

Now that they fit, I can move on with the build! Hurrah!


No comments:

Post a Comment