Sunday 28 December 2014

The Fairfield: Wallpapering III

27/12: I started wallpapering the lounge room with the red damask paper, and I got the three main walls done without too much difficulty.



I also wallpapered one wall of the bedroom today; the French door wall.

I then glued together the bay window so that I can wallpaper it next, and do the window trim before I glue it to the main house.

I also took the plugs off the chandelier in the foyer and fitted it, as well as one of the single wall-mounted lights in the hallway. The chandelier has a different, larger, fitting than the hall light, and when I checked, only the smaller fitting will go into the 1:24 scale electrical fitting I have. I have a few spare plugs, so I hope I can change it over.

28/12: Today I wallpapered the bay window and then glued the window trim on the inside of the window. It needs some wood filler as one of the corners didn't meet up exactly, but I'm not sure what to do there since it is stained. Maybe fill, sand and paint the filler black?  It is the top right corner, so you can it from the outside, but it isn't overly bad.



I then wallpapered the second wall in the bedroom - the fireplace wall. I can't do the back wall until I am sure that the hall light works, as I will be papering over the wire. Unfortunately, the bi-pin bulb for the light is TINY and I am having trouble getting it into the fitting without throwing a wobbly, lol. So that's on hold for the moment.



I also printed and trimmed the picture of a map of Middle Earth from The Hobbit for the study wall. I had to trim it down more than I would have liked to fit the space, but I think it will look OK. I now need to decide which wallpaper will go best with it for the other two walls - I don't want anything which will compete with the map for attention.



Ordered: (Minimum World) Exterior corner moulding, shrink tubes for electrical work, a second hanging bulb light for the attic, and tan wallpaper for study.





No comments:

Post a Comment