Monday 19 January 2015

Noooooooooooooooooo! Secret Room Issues

I was looking at the tower this morning and decided to get my Weeping Angel out of it's packet to try it in the Secret Room whilst I had the flooring in... and, it doesn't fit!!

I really should have tried it out sooner - at the time I was fitting the round windows, I noted that they are in the center of the wall and that you might not be able to see the Angel's head, but I didn't get any further than that.

As you can see - you not only not see her head, but she's actually 3-4mm too tall for the space!


Argh!

I've been mulling it over and I think I can either:
a) cut the tower walls and add a price at the bottom to make the windows taller, or
b) add an extra (taller) floor to the top of the tower, and delete the pointed tower roof, making it flat like my inspiration house:

Knox House, Coudersport, PA
The easiest option is to add to the top, and by adding some detail above the round windows, I can probably hide the fact that the Secret Room is shorter than the top room, so that it won't look too odd. Not that odd is necessarily bad on a haunted house, lol.

I actually have three Victorian windows left over from the windows I was originally going to use, but having so many different windows in the one house might be really weird? Plus I think they would detract from the Gothic windows on the second floor.

Alternately, if I cut the Secret Room off, I could add detailing and trim around the bottom, like the bottom the the top tower room on Knox House, to cover up the addition (and the fact that the round windows would be higher and no longer centred on the walls.

Hmn, decisions, decisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment