Sunday 18 January 2015

The Fairfield: Siding II

I had a second go at painting the siding today.  I sanded it lightly, then coated again with crackle glaze medium, and then another coat of white paint. Much better.

Second attempt at exterior siding painting


I also painted crackle glaze on the window and painted the outsides black.




I also dry-brushed black paint over the frame of the French door which improved it a little.



 
I'm not 100% sure I like it all together this way either, but it's an improvement. I should have used an off-white paint rather then Titanium White, but I couldn't be bothered driving all the way to the craft store. However, I will definitely be doing a dirty wash over the top when I'm done, though I don't know if that will help with the stark contrast between the back windows and the white siding.

I'll think on it a little more...

Meanwhile, I undercoated the attic floor and applied textured ceiling paper to the bedroom and study ceilings.

No comments:

Post a Comment