Tuesday 20 January 2015

The Fairfield: Library I

Cut attic floor in half for ease of management. Cut arched section out of "bathroom" wall to see what it looked like, plus cut section out of attic floor.

Library area with possible wall in place.

Possible arched doorway

Don't think its enough so far. I love the arched doorway into the library but it closes that space off too much. Think I will leave it out and cut out a bigger section of the ceiling - back to in line with the stair rail? So that stair rail and attic rail line up?

I will almost definitely put in a wall at the opposite end of the gable, so that I can put bookshelves against it - I love the idea of entering the attic/ panic room through a secret door behind a bookshelf.

Library area experimenting.
I have no idea where to put the spiral staircase though - if I move the ceiling back in line with the stair case, the spiral stairs will end up in the hallway and the (theoretical) inhabitants won't be able to get around it to go up and down the hallway...

The third attempt

Still thinking...

No comments:

Post a Comment