Tuesday 13 January 2015

The Fairfield: Lighting

I haven't been working on the dollhouse for a few weeks because I got fed up with the teeny tiny fittings on the 24th scale lights, in particular fitting the bi-pin bulbs. I need a magnifying glass on a stand so that I can see what I am doing properly!

The first light I fitted was the foyer chandelier which is actually a small 12th scale light and has a larger plug on the end. I had no trouble taking off the plug and refitting it. The second light was a 24th scale light and I couldn't for the life of me get the plug off, so I cut it off, and then could NOT get the plug refitted. I did eventually get it on, but after the trouble I had getting the bi-pin bulb fitted, I haven't yet checked whether it actually works.  It was at about that point that I decided that whether the lights actually work won't worry me - I just want them fitted, and if they work, then hooray! I have a very low patience threshold, so I need to move on before I get fed up with the whole project and shelve it, lol.

Anyway, I moved onto fitting the lights in the lounge room, work room, and the second hall way light. I then got out all the remaining lights and double-checked where I want to put them all. My current lighting schedule is:

Fitted:
Foyer: chandelier
Living Room: double hanging gas light
Work Room: swag light
Hall: two single candle wall lights

To fit:
Entrance: coach lamp
Living Room: gas lamp
Kitchen: single candle stick on oven*
Bedroom: double candle wall light next to french doors, and single candle stick on mantelpiece*
Study: Tiffany hanging light and matching lamp
Library:  double candle wall light next to french doors, chandelier from (attic) roof
Attic: two single bulb lights

* I'm thinking that perhaps only one light in the kitchen may not be enough, so I may take the candle stick from the bedroom and put it on the work table in the kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment