Wednesday 14 January 2015

The Fairfield: Plugging Away

I placed an order for a few things which arrived yesterday: cornices and skirting, more wood flooring (after I worked out I wouldn't have enough), a table for the work room (which is morphing into a meeting room) and a metal fireplace kit for the living room.  Lots to do there, starting with assembling and painting the fireplace and staining the skirting and cornices.

Meanwhile, I moved onto some more wallpapering. I finished the last wall in the bedroom, papered the study - including the Middle Earth map as a feature wall - and added textured ceiling paper to the work/meeting room. I wanted to see what the floor looked like too, so I cut out the dark timber peel-and-stick flooring to shape in both rooms, and started using the scraps for the hallway/library. It's all coming together, I'm really happy with how it is going :-D

Bedroom


Office



Middle Earth feature wall


Dry-fitting the hallway flooring



I also glued in the floor feature in the foyer while I had the glue out, as it was beginning to warp so I figured it would be better off flat, glued in place. Then I finally got around the gluing the cross pieces onto the french doors.


Foyer



Bedroom French door



I also had a look at the library area as I am still undecided as to whether add the wall in that area or not. With the flooring sitting in place, I think I may cut that wall (which was the original bathroom wall in the kit) in half, dividing off the library a little more, and providing a support wall for the attic floor when I cut that section out of it - to make the library double height. I might leave a small edge on the far wall, and add a railing along it, which will continue along to the edge of the attic floor. I still have to decide whether I will add a false wall between the library area and the rest of the attic - which will now include a panic room featuring the devil trap on the floor.


Hallway/ Library with wall in place (which may or may not stay)

No comments:

Post a Comment