Thursday 31 March 2016

1:24 Art Deco House Kit

I've started the ball rolling on a new project, a 1:24 scale Art Deco house. I've ordered it, and the matching conservatory and it's on it's way!

Front View A

Front view B

Inside

Conservatory

I would have preferred to work in 1:12 scale for my next project, but I have been dying to go Art Deco for months and this kit is made in Australia which makes shipping actually affordable! With our exchange rate being so appalling at the moment, having anything at all shipped from overseas is prohibitively expensive and I'm not quite brave enough (yet!) to have a go at making one from scratch. That will be my next project :-)

Anyway, as you can see, the shell has plenty of potential and I have numerous ideas, but haven't narrowed any down to specifics yet. I am even toying with an industrial office feel, with concrete and/or cast iron columns, at least for the downstairs. All very exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment