Tuesday 22 March 2016

The Fairfield: Time Flies...

Whoosh! There goes more than half a year, without working on my dollhouse. I ran out of the creative spark to start with, and then my craft table got hijacked for other purposes and the house was packed away.

It's been so long I actually have almost no idea where I was up to, let alone what my plans were! I know I was adding lots of exterior trim, and evidently, I did end up ordering two different sized corbels from Heritage Laserworks for the gutter trim detail. I think that all arrived some time after I had stopped working on it, so it was stuck on the back burner.

Now I'm not really sure where to start back up on it again! I guess finishing off the chimney would be a good start, because I can't get the roof on until it's done. I think I stopped because I really didn't like the way the faux stone was coming along, and I didn't know if switching to faux brick would contrast too much with the stone foundations? Plus, prising the egg carton off didn't seem like much fun... Ah well, it's worth the pain if I am not going to be happy with the end result if I persist!



Later:
Indeed, prising off the egg carton was going to be a royal pain in the proverbial, so I continued with the stone work. I've added a small bump-out to the top of the chimney, and I'll probably add a chimney pot later (or maybe a gargoyle?). I've got probably one third of the gluing to go, and then I will start with the paint washes before I put the roof on.

No comments:

Post a Comment