Thursday 31 March 2016

Inspiration Board: Art Deco Exteriors

I thought I would have a looks at some of the examples of Art Deco homes on the internet. I did find a few that had brick exteriors, but the majority seem to be rendered in - mostly - pale neutrals; whites, creams, greys. 

Source

The facade of this house below, with the orange windows is pretty fabulous! I also particularly like the roof over the upstairs patio: it could look nice over the conservatory.


Source

Source

The very pale grey render and the gold features is also quite striking here, although I can't say I like the pale yellow window frames much.


Source

This place below clearly needs some love, but I like the brick features of the foundations and t he detailing on the roof corners.


Source
 Bricks & render unit building. I love the porch railing and roof. I think a brick exterior would be better suited to the industrial (rather than residential) feel I am going for?  Hmn.


Source

 I like the little porch roof over the upstairs door on this house in Melbourne.


Source

All good food for thought!

No comments:

Post a Comment