Tuesday 26 May 2015

The Fairfield: Exterior Paint II

Early this morning I applied the crackle medium to the house siding, and now I have painted the final coat of Tuscan Red over the top. I don't think it is cracking very effectively, probably because the paint seems very thin. You can see where the thicker strokes of paint are and that is where fine cracks are forming. There is still a lot of the black undercoat showing through, although that doesn't bother me, as I think it looks more worn and creepy that way :-)

In reality it isn't as bright as in the photos. I wish I wasn't waiting on the siding, I would love to have all the siding finished! Oh well, at least I can now install the French doors and a few of the windows.


Half the siding finished and painted. I will wait until it is all done before weathering.

Only minor cracking is evident after applying the crackle glaze. I suspect the paint is too thin to get a better result.


I've also been plugging away at the rocks on the chimney, but it's such a boring job that I can only glue a few pieces at a time before I feel guilty about the housework and leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment