Saturday 16 May 2015

The Fairfield: Work Room

This room keeps changing in my vision, from one extreme to another! I just can't decide until I get some furniture and things in there, but it will most likely be a sort of Sherlock Holmes-style laboratory/work space/apothecary.


I couldn't decide on the wallpaper. The one I had allocated, which I originally purchased for the living room, I used in the office, and I don't like the acorn paper I bought to use in the office! Meh, I  used it anyway, although it is a little "busy".  I have also used the textured ceiling paper I have in here too.




For the ceiling light, I have used this, which I originally had earmarked for the kitchen, but it has more of a vintage work room vibe:





I am now stuck on choosing a fireplace. I *think* I may rough plaster that whole fireplace wall and use a well-weathered rustic beam for the mantel, with perhaps a few tiles around the fireplace. I don't know, I can't decide. I could also use the one I made for the living room, and make/use a more ornate Victorian one for the living room.


The Acorn wallpaper in the work room.

I need to fix the chain on the lamp to the ceiling, and I may colour the wire black.





No comments:

Post a Comment