Friday 15 May 2015

The Fairfield: The Office

In my original vision, the Office was going to be the Library, and the Work Room was going to be Office! Anyway, as things go along, things change. I still LOVE this inspiration picture I found however, so elements of this will be incorporated into the Office and Work Room.


I printed out a map of Middle Earth I found on the 'net, but with the window on the main wall in the War Room, it wouldn't fit, so I moved it to the Office.



I've now glued in the map, and wall-papered the rest of the room.




Although it isn't finished in this pic, I've also glued in the door and the timber framework. And, as you can see, the flooring is fitted, but not varnished. Can you believe the colour of the wallpaper when I ordered it was called olive? It looked like a lovely green on my monitor, but in real life it's an ugly brown. Oh well. I now notice I've also glued it in sideways - ooops!



Now I need to work on the fireplace. I bought two of these Victorian mantels:



However, it's not really fitting with my mood. I think making something more Art Deco might be more appropriate, like this:



There will be something mounted on the wall above the mantel, though I don't yet know what, possibly a mirror or a painting. This would certainly fit the mood:




I also need to decide whether I am going to put in some timber paneling along the bottom of the walls - I think that would look great. Then I'll need to make a decision about bookcases and whether they will be built-in or not, before I do the skirting.

I'm thinking of adding 1920s style accessories - vintage typewriter, vintage fan, library card file, industrial vintage lighting. Sort of a vintage office, war planning room vibe.




The Bunker from the TV show Supernatural.



Detail of the flooring from The Bunker.





I've bought this Monticello chair for the room, though I will need to find a suitable table for it to go at! I should have bought at least two, but funds prohibit it. Next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment