Monday 18 May 2015

The Fairfield: Today I...

* Finished re-fitting the windows into the walls which have had siding added to them. I used a craft knife to carefully shave away excess siding around the holes.

* Undercoated the siding with matte black acrylic paint. I'm half-tempted to leave it that way, ha! I'm still not 100% sold on the white top coat over the crackle glaze. I like the crackle effect, and I've bought antique white paint to use, but still... I'd like something a little more sinister.




* Fixed the plaster around the kitchen door.

* Fixed the broken French door. For future reference, I cut the pin part off a push-pin and threaded it through the hole where the hinge fell out. It is slightly larger than the hinge pin so it shouldn't fall out again.

* Trimmed the end off the coach lamp for the front door and threaded the wire up through the hole in the floor I made yesterday, proving that the hole is big enough, yay. I coloured the white wire with a black texta where it runs up the inside wall of the entrance, so it shouldn't be too noticeable against the black wallpaper.

* Started staining the components for the stair case railing. I ordered two sets of rails - hand rails and bottom rails - but the dog has gotten to them and chewed them though the plastic packet :( He broke one set and has left teeth marks in the other, but hopefully I can work around it and the marks will just add character! I also can't find two of the three sets of down pipe kits I bought from Petite Properties - I think someone has knocked them onto the floor and he's eaten them too :(


No comments:

Post a Comment