Monday 18 May 2015

The Fairfield: Main Bedroom I

Now that the siding has stalled, I am looking at finishing some of the room details. With the siding done on the bedroom gable, I can glue in the French door - and then install the fireplace, cornice and skirting boards. Now that I look at the photo, I need to fix that last piece of wallpaper too!  I still have a wire from the coach light at the front door to run under the bedroom door, so I can't glue it in just yet.

The bedroom so far.

A major issue I have with the room is that the four poster bed I've been playing around with, is almost too big for the room! It looks out of scale when I put it in there, and I can't fit any other pieces of furniture in there around it. Maybe a bedside table, but the Armoire definitely doesn't fit.




I was going to dress the bed something like the one below, but now I think I may have to cut the canopy off, to scale it down a little for the room?




I'm still umm-ing and ahh-ing about the fireplace, but I think I will go with the black Victorian I already have, and use the little lit grate that should fit into it.





As you see, I used the worn roses wallpaper in here, and the textured paper on the ceiling. I haven't yet definitely decided whether I will put another light on the mantel, or just stay with the double wall sconce. Lots to do!


No comments:

Post a Comment