Tuesday 19 May 2015

The Fairfield: Mood Board Exterior

As I mentioned in my previous post, I am torn about my original choice of distressed white for the siding.  My muse is this house:



But now I am wondering if something like this wouldn't be more imposing and scary-looking:



I love the black trim against the dark, Gothic red! I don't know if I would go really red, but maybe a faded red over the crackle glaze. Or a really deep, deep red.

I am also considering a Mansard roof instead of a whole new room on the tower, with one or more of the Victorian windows I abandoned early on in construction - they are similar to the ones in the roof of this house.

And, as you can see, I've been fiddling with the Juliet balcony railings again. Meh. I might have to try making something myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment