Tuesday 15 October 2013

Inspired!

Some background to begin with I suppose ;-)

I recently 'renovated' my daughters' dollhouse which was made by my father-in-law several years ago. It's a *very* simple approx. 1:12 scale house made from timber with four rooms, and I simply repainted it to begin with. Then I thought it might be nice to add some extra decorations, and through some quick Googling I immediately discovered the world of miniatures! I added carpet, tiles and wallpaper to the house and we bought several tiny decorations such as a clock and vases. So cute!

There was no point in going over the top though, as this house is played with regularly, and not very gently, but I harboured some thoughts of perhaps making a dollhouse for myself, although that seemed a little silly ;-)

A few months later, and Halloween pictures start popping up on my Pinterest home page, including a Haunted Dollhouse! I believe I may have "squeee'd" when I saw it. My love of all things spooky and creepy, combined with miniatures? AWESOME. Then, after several days of following Pinterest dollhouse links all over the 'net, I came across the Haunted Dollhouse created by The Bloggess, containing dozens and dozens of miniature props from her favourite books and movies, and my heart went WHUMP! Love at first sight.

 So. Long story short, there's a half-scale Greenleaf Fairfield dollhouse kit with my name on it, en route from the US as I type. Clearly, it is coming by sea, as the ETA is approximately the end of November. Meh. But it saves on shipping. However, in the interim, Operation Planning and Mood Boards are "go".

No comments:

Post a Comment