Monday 21 October 2013

The Fairfield: Mood Board Interiors

As I mentioned with the exterior, I'm going for the mood of an old, (seemingly) abandoned Victorian lady. I want the interior to be dark and moody, although I am unsure at this stage as to how sinister I want it to feel. I'm thinking of using mainly grey, black, burgundy and very dark timbers.

Wallpapers I like so far include these three:


Wallpaper - Romantic Damask - Black




Dollhouse Wallpaper " Distressed Rose Toile Black " | eBay



Wallpaper - Distressed Damask - Burgundy




The flooring will probably be black walnut timber, and I may floor the kitchen with flagstones:


The ceilings will probably be embossed with lots of detail in the main rooms. Certainly there will be ceiling roses:





At this stage I have read several tutorials on using paint washes to age dollhouse interiors, so I intend to have a go at that around the edges of the walls and floors as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment