Saturday 19 October 2013

The Fairfield: First Purchases

OK, so I haven't even received the dollhouse kit yet and I've bought teeny tiny things for the interior! I couldn't resist, and I really wanted to get a feel for the size of the 1:24 scale items. Boy, are they small! So cute though.

 


I ordered two black resin fireplaces, a wand and cauldron (it's that time of year with Halloween at the end of the month, so there is an abundance of these things around the web), a mortar and pestle, three tiny potion jars, nine books and a four poster bed.  In actuality, they must have been out of the beds I ordered and they've subsituted it with an entire bedroom suite, including a poster bed. Nice idea, but it's *very* tame and not at all what I want to use.  However, it will give me an opportunity to play around with hacking - I will have a go at sanding, repainting and distressing the items to see what happens, not to mention how difficult it is with such itsy bitsy items.








Looking at these photos I'm thinking that I'm going to need to get a better macro lens for my camera - any excuse for a camera-related Christmas present, lol.
 



I've also ordered a new front door, three windows and an interior door. I'd order everything I need at once, but everything is so expensive, so I am going to have to do it in installments. These items will at least give me a chance to play with stains and paint finishes.

No comments:

Post a Comment