Friday 18 October 2013

The Fairfield: Thoughts on Lighting

If I'm going to electrify the house, I'm going to have to do that very early on, so I'm going to have to think about how many and where they will be.

After browsing many lights on many sites, I know for sure that I want a black coach light at the front door, but other than that, I'm undecided.  I'm loving the look of the wall-mounted candle-style lights, and hurricane lamps. I'm also leaning towards wall lighting only, with non-working, ornate chandeliers, so that the lighting is dimmer and therefore a little spookier.

There will also be four working fireplaces.

Parlour:  Ornate chandelier. Hurricane table lamp? Picture light sconce over fireplace?

Hallway (downstairs):  None? Single wall sconce?

Kitchen: Single hanging light; hurricane or gas lamp style.

Dining: Chandelier. Candles on fireplace mantel x 2.

Bedroom: Candles over fireplace. Chandelier.

Library: Picture light over fireplace. Double wall lights either side. Floor lamp?

Hallway (upstairs):  Single wall sconce.

Bathroom: Not sure if this needs lighting at all, but if so, probably just a single candle wall sconce.

Attic:  I would love single, bare-bulb hanging lights like those at the Lighting Bug, but I haven't any in 1:24 scale yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment