Friday 5 September 2014

Construction Step Two: The Chimney Sub-Assembly

OK so I gave the foundations a final coat of Mod Podge this morning to seal them, and that's all I'm going to do on them for a while! I was pretty happy with the colour of the grout after it dried overnight so I hope sealing it doesn't make it any darker.

Anyway, the next step of assembly is the Chimney unit, so I popped out the appropriate pieces and got them all sanded nicely. Luckily I dry-fitted everything first because it took me a while to get my head around which way the pieces were supposed to face, i.e. good side facing in or out. Plus one of the tabs required some sanding to make everything fit, but now I have it all glued and clamped.

Chimney Sub-Assembly


The next step is to assemble the staircase but I am not using the pieces that came with the house, so I will be leaving that until after a do a complete house dry fit.

Which comes to the next step: the floors and outside walls!  I have them all labelled and popped out of their respective sheets now, ready to be sanded.  I can see that there will be a lot of sanding to do before I dare to start taping walls together!

I did do a little bit of fiddling of components and things just to see how they will look. I noticed that one of the most significant things is the the Houseworks door I have for the front door, is smaller than the space for it which is annoying.  Also it looks as though the Gothic windows won't fit in the tower room - which is what I suspected - or possibly even in the second floor of the tower. Hmn.

No comments:

Post a Comment