Tuesday 16 September 2014

The Fairfield: Mood Board Foyer

I'm not really sure yet what sort of flooring I want in the entry foyer, but I will have to make a start on it before I glue in the tower walls, so I need to start thinking about it now.

I've been looking at pictures of the Men of Letters bunker in the TV show Supernatural.  I particularly like the anti-Demon possession pentacle surrounded by the sun. Sam and Dean have them tattooed on their chests and then it makes an appearance in the floor of the bunker, made from brass.


Brass anti-possession symbol in Men of Letters bunker floor

I also like theses tiles which are placed in the doorways, and contain warding symbols. I might place these underneath the lounge room door archway and between the lounge room and the work room.

Flooring tiles in the Men of Letters bunker


I bought this chandelier last year, which was orginally going to be for the lounge room, but I am debating about putting it in the foyer.  I think the wall light would be more atmospheric - plus you won't be able to see the chandelier very well if it is in the foyer - but I am still drawn to the big light.  I guess I will decide when it gets closer to the actual installation stage.

Chandelier
I've also ordered a new door for the front of the house. This door has a transom and is much taller than the old door, so there will be more light able to shine out (and more the of light fitting to see).

No comments:

Post a Comment