Friday 12 September 2014

The Fairfield: Mood Board Living Room

I've been looking for some inspiration for the living room on Pinterest, and I think I've found the mood I'm looking for: lots of timber, and a heavy, masculine feel with possibly 1920's club chairs and an overstuffed sofa. Lots of books, piled everywhere.

Red Turkish-style rug.

The two photos below have many elements of this theme, I think they're gorgeous!  I can't decide whether to go with the white, embossed ceiling, or the one with the timber beams? Both are great.

Jennifer Connelly's Brownstone. Spectacular.


Fantastic door and ceiling treatments
This is the wallpaper I ordered, but in the 1:24 scale, you can barely see the gold damask pattern unfortunately. Still, I think it will look OK.



Also, this is the ceiling light I think I have settled on for the lounge room - it's not the one I originally bought for the room as I have since done some swapping around, but I think it adds more to the mood I am trying to achieve. I also have a lit fire to go in the grate, although I may end up swapping this out for another room as I'm not sure it's formal enough.




Mmmm. a Chesterfield sofa


No comments:

Post a Comment