Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Base Day Six

Yesterday I coated the base with matte Mod Podge and let it dry for a couple of hours before painting on a thin second coat.

Today, since I don't have any grout, I mixed up a thin mix of spackle with a couple of drops of Dark Grey paint in it. I used an old plastic syringe to apply it to the grouting spaces and when it was mostly dry I used a damp cloth to wipe away the excess spackle.  It doesn't look too bad.

Spackled and sponged clean.
Certainly an improvement on the before-grouting photo. I did a quick wash with water and a drop of Dark Grey, but I was washing away too much of the spackle.  The grouting needs to be a bit darker I think, so when it is dry I will give it another dirty water wash, and then maybe try some faux moss.

No comments:

Post a Comment