Monday 15 September 2014

The Fairfield: Construction Step 5 First Walls, Glued Together!

Firstly today I painted the ceilings with third coat of Jo Sonja Titanium White, and when it was dry I glued on the ceiling rose. I decided to try making up a central diamond from balsa wood for the ceiling to go around the rose, which I did after looking at a lot of pictures on Pinterest!  I cut it out and applied the first coat of stain.

Then I glued the very first walls together! A momentous occasion, lol.  I glued in central panel, the front right wall, and second floor right and back walls of the main structure.

I then glued together the rear kitchen wall and left hand side of the stairway wall as a separate piece. When it had dried, I applied the black damask wallpaper I am using for the hallway and foyer.  I left a small flap on the wallpaper to glue to the adjoining foyer wall when I put it together, so there won't be any noticeable gaps between the walls.


No comments:

Post a Comment