Friday 8 April 2016

Art Deco Factories

So the more research I do, the more I want to go with an industrial feel for the exterior of the "Bunker".  Obviously on Supernatural, the Men of Letters bunker is underground and does not have a facade so I am going to have to wing it. I'm also going to have to come up with a better name, since my Bunker-inspired build is not actually a bunker!

I am almost certain now that I will go with a red brick and concrete combination, such as the ones below, only with bare grey concrete, not painted, as in the bottom photo.

Source

Source
I debated long and hard over making my own bricks from egg cartons, or buying real brick slips, and finally ordered the latter.  Making bricks in 1:12 scale is pretty straight forward, but at 1:24 scale they get very fiddly! I have ordered them in Victorian Red because they weren't available in a dark brown shade, plus I have only ordered enough for the facade, not the sides or back. I will consider those later :-)

For the concrete, I might use textured paint from the craft shop. They make a huge range of such things now, and it would be quite straight forward to fashions sills and door frames from basswood or foamboard and then paint them accordingly to resemble concrete.

No comments:

Post a Comment