Friday 8 April 2016

The Bunker: Interior Layout Ideas

So the Art Deco "Bunker" build has five rooms plus the upstairs conservatory. I'm not sure how well a conservatory fits within the industrial theme, lol, but I purchased it before I had decided to go with the brick and concrete look.

Anyway, the main rooms from Supernatural's Men of Letters Bunker I'd like to include in my build are:

The Crow's Nest/ War Room.  I'm not sure about this room as it might be past my capabilities as a newbie, but it would work nicely into the area inside the front door.  Perhaps I could modify to have a chess/ smoking area and a 1950's computer bank?



The Library. This is a definite. Most of the Bunker scenes are filmed here, and has a wonderful atmosphere with lots of books and treasures.  Most likely this will go in the largest room on the ground floor.




The Kitchen/ Mess area. Probably on the first floor. I might have the mess area next to the stairs, leading into the kitchen through the arch?




One of the Bedrooms/ dormitories. Probably on the top floor leading out to conservatory.






The Store Room/ Dungeon/ Room 7b.  Realistically I don't have room for a dungeon, but I could divide the largest room on the first floor into two, and have the kitchen on one side and the store room on the other. The store room would house lots of the Men of Letters treasures.


Other random interior thoughts:

* The stairs definitely need Art Deco railings. Given that it is very hard to buy any decent railings in 1:24 scale, let alone anything Art Deco, I will have to make these myself.

* I think I may utilise removable interior wall panels in order to facilitate decoration.  My painting skills are pretty poor at the best of times, and I don't trust myself to do a decent job in an enclosed space. Using thin board (PAlight?) which I can pop in and out, seems like a much easier option.

* Floors. Hardwood in the library, and perhaps the bedroom? Elsewhere concrete, which I am not yet sure how to do.

* Walls to be brick, concrete and tiles. I will probably have to make the subway tiles myself. In fact, I'll probably have to build most things from scratch! I'd better go and have a look at some tutorials, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment