Monday 11 April 2016

The Bunker: Bedroom Mood Board

Most of my inspiration for the Bunker dormitory comes from screen shots of Dean's bedroom found at The Winchester Family Business website.

Sam's bedroom.

Sam's bedroom.

Dean's bedroom
Dean's bedroom

Dean's bedroom
Dean's floor. I thought it was concrete but this still shows that it appears to be grey vinyl tiles.


Dean's sink and medicine cabinet

I have ordered Jane Harrop kits for an Art Deco double bed, two bed side tables and a chest of drawers, which should go nicely in the bedroom.  I plan to round off the top edges on the drawers and side tables.




I also found a US site (SELtd.net) selling scale automotive accessories, and I was able to order a sink and mirror kit, a waste basket, rotary phone, trunk and vintage desk lamp to go in the room.  If the trunk doesn't fit, I will put it in the store room.





Because of the placement of the window, double doors and stair will in my room, I won't be able to mimic the layout of the Men of Letters (MOL) Bunker bedroom too closely, but I will see what I can fit into it. Ideally I would like to add a desk and chair, as well as an Art Deco beside lamp.  I'm not sure what to use as a light - and I still haven't decided if I will electrify the house or not.

I haven't been able to find any grey floor tiles online so far, so I may have to print these out on card stock if I can find a suitable image. The same goes for the brick sections of the walls - I'm not sure at this scale if it is worth it to bother making teeny tiny bricks, or just use a print out of a suitable image and seal it with a matte lacquer spray.   Hmn.

No comments:

Post a Comment