Wednesday 27 April 2016

The Bunker: Playing with the Entrance

I've been fiddling around with designing an entrance door surround for my building, and so far I have this fairly plain surround, which will be painted to resemble concrete.


I can't decide if it needs to be more prominent or not - I have cut a second piece of 3mm basswood to go behind the front to give the entrance more depth, but I'm not sure if I like it?

Anyway, I stippled the entrance and the pieces of basswood which will form the window sills and pediments with the Jo Sonja Texture mix to see how much texture it would add.  I started by diluting the mix slightly with water but it didn't need it. I used an old, rough paint brush to dab the paste on.  I can see from the photo below that I need to sand the top section and have another go as it still looks quite rough.




When I get the chance I will dab on some grey paint mixes and see how they look.  So far I am optimistic that with some additional weathering on the exterior, that it will look OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment