Tuesday 19 April 2016

Facade assembled

So the facade is all glued together and ready for bricking and decorating.  First I need to add the extensions at the the roof line, so I have started cutting them from 5mm basswood.

Meanwhile I have also glued the first few walls of the shell together.  I have the first floor in, the partition wall between the war room and the library, and the two side walls together.  I enclosed the partition wall a little with 5mm basswood, so as to make a large doorway, rather than the existing arch.




I now need to decide a) if I am going to electrify this model (and if so, where will the lights go), and b) where the partition wall will go between the kitchen and store room. In this area, the wall would need to extend into the facade (the inside of the waterfall wall), which makes it a little trickier, and I need to take the windows into consideration.

I've been looking for some way of replicating the texture of concrete for the facade but haven't had too much luck finding something that would be acceptable in 1:24 scale. I finally settled on trialing some Jo Sonja Texture Paste which I bought at Spotlight. It is fairly thick so I will try thinning it with a little water and colouring it with grey paint when I mix it up, then stipple it on gently with a small sponge?  Otherwise, I have seen a couple of techniques using talcum powder and acrylic paint mixed together.

No comments:

Post a Comment